Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hatchers's Pass- Reed Lakes

This past week Alex, Gage and Allan (Gage and Allan are dudes we work with on the train) had a two day off period so we decided to go backpacking up in Hatchers pass. It amazing. It was funny because as we started the hike I commented about how I hated hiking slow, and how i loved getting there and then hiking around where ever I end up camping. But this was totally different, I couldn't believe how incredible the whole 6 mile hike in was. It was seriously one of the most amazingly beautiful things I have seen  up here in Alaska. I know I have said that a lot, but really this state just keeps surprising me over and over again.


Here are some highlights-
Gage periodically would start climbing when we stopped. We were all pretty floored with how ballsy he was at some points. 


Like this one....


I am not sure what is wrong with Alex's face....






Probably my favorite shot of the trip.


The view from our tent.



Gage found a killer spot with seats in a perfect circle. 

Pretty sweet shot above the lake. 

1 comment: