Monday, July 12, 2010

6 More Weeks In Amazing AK

Its crazy to me that the summer is already more than half over. It has gone by all too fast. I recently had my old HP crap out on me and i had to finally bite the bullet and go buy a new computer. It cost me a pretty penny, but its doing the trick so far.

Alaska really is an incredible place. I say this because I went hiking just a few days ago with Alex and literally, only a 15 minute drive from Eagle River and a 20 minute hike back into the Eklutna valley, and we see a black bear just up on the hill scrambling across the ridge line. I couldnt believe it. It was like nothing i had ever seen before. Shortly after we saw a large group of doll sheep grazing up on that same ridge line. I Love hiking in utah, but really you dont get to see the abundance of wild life in Utah like you do here.

I have been messing around a lot with my black and white landscape stuff because i really like the classic and timeless feel of how the prints look when done right. So here's probably my favorite of the one that i have worked on.

More to come in the next few days.

4 comments:

  1. That picture is really great.
    Sounds like Alaska is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah man its been pretty amazing. Remember how we always talked about doing stuff like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and white, it could almost be an ansel adams look alike. If he ever were to shoot in AK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool. I am love you. and I am love for your Alaska. Yes, that made sense.

    ReplyDelete