Friday, January 14, 2011

I want a 4x5 camera....

So after taking a photo class this last semester, i really fell in love with the look of film. Its such an awesome medium. It has such a unique look. The only draw back is i dont always have access to a lab, to develop and print in. Not to mention that if i were going to really do film, i would want to do it on a 4x5 large format camera. Too bad they start out around $1,500, not to mention all the additional equipment that is required. I guess ill buy one when i have a real job. Ha. In the mean time I have been messing around in photoshop trying to replicate some film looks that I fell in love with this last semester.



2 comments:

  1. My friend i have a tip for you-- ebay.com
    I have a 4x5 and it is my favoite camera. I got mine with two lenses and seven film backs for under $200. It's a speed graflex and it rocks. Seriously rad. A lot of the bigger monorail one run for that price you mentioned but I have talked extensively with my professors who shoot on them and they love their Graflex Speed & Crown 4x5's. They dont dig the monorail so much. Its really cumbersome and heavy, especially if you are going to be going out into the wild with it (and i know you will :] and i'd like to join you). Anywho, its pretty fantastic stuff.
    P.S. I miss you man. We should hit Zion again, and soon. And by soon i mean when it actually warms up.

    ReplyDelete