Sunday, February 27, 2011

Yosemite.

I have always wanted to go to Yosemite. So Alli, Brandon, Dylan and I just decided to go ahead and be rebellious and go for a long week end trip down to check it out. So heres the highlights. 
Alli's awesome leap frog style picture idea that brandon ruined.... But look hes smiling! 


 We had been wanting some killer pictures at sunset and we only got one really awesome night, and man was it spectacular 
 Yosemite falls right before sunrise. 
 I forgot my ultra wide 10-20 lens the morning that i took this picture of El Captain, so instead i made a composite shot with my 50mm which actually worked out perfectly since that lens is so sharp, and it made the picture massive which means i can make some incredibly large prints from this image.
Sunset on half dome. It was fantastic, No photoshop on the colors, I kid you not. 

Another composite on El Cap
A perfect sunset at the end of our last day in the valley. 

9 comments:

  1. Ummm where do i download the prints? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gaining fans cause you are sweet, that's who. Also, here's the thing: I want to go on these spontaneous trips. Perhaps my "adventurous tripping" credibility has taken a downward dive ever since that one thing, but how am I suppose to ever get back on track when all I see are outrageously awesome photos of what could have been? The answer to that is, never. And that answer, is the worst. Never say never Rickard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible shots! You gotta get these printed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sell them but i am not giving them out free for download to answer the question of who ever asked.
    and Jesse, I am totally down for you redeeming yourself in that area, i cant recall you ever throwing out any spontaneous ideas since "that one thing" happened....two times. But i am More than willing to go on a killer trip man. It just needs to be a cost effective trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks chelsea, and i have gotten a few printed already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man that sounds so awesome!
    I had a trip to Yosemite planned for the end of last summer, but then I had to get surgery instead. It was a serious bummer.
    Those are fantastic shots. Way to go Shane.

    Also, let's go skiing sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic pictures shane...you've got mad skill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well thank you Miss Melissa. I appreciate that coming from some one that has quite the eye herself.

    Really if any one wants any prints i could get them to you. Just email me.

    ReplyDelete